- Jeff Cohen
- On August 31, 2017
- 5 Comments
- enhanced brand content
Amazon quietly released a video uploading function yesterday for Enhanced Brand Content users within Seller Central. Sellers that have access to this function can upload a video, which will display in the main image block of their product detail page. In addition, uploaded video will also appear in the Amazon Video Shorts section.
This move isn’t shocking as Amazon discussed this rollout at the FBA Boost Conference in June 2017. Amazon hasn’t listed exact requirements for videos but we can assume that videos should follow the same rules as video shorts.
Enhanced Brand Content Video Guidelines (from Amazon):
– The EBC video feature enables sellers to upload one video to the main image block of a detail page, the video will also appear in the “Related Video Shorts’ section on the detail page
Avoid these content policy violations
– Referencing your company as a seller or distributor, or providing company contact information.
– Mention of a competitor’s products or seller authorization such as “product only sold by authorized resellers.”
– Pricing or promotion information such as “cheap, affordable, on-sale, etc.”
– Information about shipping details such as “Free shipping,” “shipping timelines.”
– Boastful comments such as “top selling product,” “hottest item,” “#1 selling item,”
– Time-sensitive product information: “on sale now” or “best new product of the year.”
– Information about customer reviews from Amazon or any other site.
– Adding editorial or third-party quotes from external sources such as magazines and television shows.
– Any warranties or guarantees of any form, e.g., “satisfaction guarantees, money back, etc.”
– Logos from brand or organization other than your own or multiple brand logos in a single video review.
– Web links or language attempting to redirect to other sites inside or outside of Amazon (including your other products).
– Any mention of products being used for criminal activity.
– Offensive content such as videos containing nudity, profanity, illegal activities.
– A video for which you don’t own the rights, leading to copyright infringement.
Recommended Video Specifications:
– Upload the highest video files in one of the following formats: 3GP, AAC, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4 and MPEG-2. Amazon is unable to process Apple ProRes files.
– For the thumbnail image that shows before your video plays, upload the highest quality image files in JPEG or PNG format. Orientation/aspect ration: 16:9. Resolution: 1920×1080 (preferred), 1280×720 (minimum). Color Profile: RGB, DPI: 300 (preferred), 72 (minimum).
Amazon Video Requirements
- High-Quality Video: Amazon reserves the right to deny videos that do not have proper content, sound, or resolution.
- Amazon Requirements: Your video cannot contain a product review for your Amazon ASIN, web addresses to sites other than Amazon, inappropriate content, mention of limited time offers, or mention of price discounts.
- Correct Video File Format: Accepted formats are: 3GP, AAC, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, and MPEG-2.
- Thumbnail Image: A 16:9 aspect ratio and a suggested minimum width of 1920px, JPEG and PNG are the accepted formats.
- Metadata: A video title (100 character max), synopsis (400 character max), type and related ASINs are required.
We will be updating our Enhanced Brand Content guide to reflect this change as well as this blog post as more information becomes available.