- Caroline Powell
- On December 19, 2018
- 0 Comments
- 12 Days of Christmas
We’ve all had an occasion pop up on our calendar either unexpectedly or that we forgot about that calls for a gift. Thanks to the wonder of Amazon Prime, and newer Prime Now, we can get gifts delivered faster than ever.
With the standard two-day Amazon Prime delivery, shoppers have until December 22nd to order and reasonably receive gifts in time for Christmas. There will be a frenzy of shoppers trying to avoid the crowds at the stores and have everything delivered straight to home.
There’s one fantastic way to stand out:
Offer Amazon coupons on your listings.
What exactly are we talking about? Here are a couple of examples. These discounts act as an actual beacon for shoppers, whether it’s the holidays or not!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you make these coupons:
- Head to your Seller Central account. After logging in, go to the “Advertising” tab in your top navigation bar, then “Coupons”.
- If you haven’t made a coupon before, there’s a landing page with some additional information and a video overview of coupons.
- Add the SKUs or ASINs you’d like the coupon to apply for. A single coupon can apply to up to 50 different SKUs or ASINs.
- Set your discount amount. You can offer a percentage off or a specific dollar value, as well as limit the redemption to one per customer if you choose. A newer Amazon feature allows you to set a budget for promotions. Each redemption is $0.60 + the actual discount you’re offering.
- As an example, let’s offer a $5.00 discount. That means each redemption is $5.60. If you budget for the discount is $1,000.00, about 178 people can redeem your promotion. Amazon will actually stop the coupon when you’ve reached 80% of your budget. They do warn you, however, that you can go over this budget, so be conservative if you need to.
- Customize the coupon for shoppers. You can specify what they’re saving on and set the display for buyers. Additionally, you can target these coupons to groups like Students or Moms, based on their memberships.
- Set the validity dates for start to end of your promotion. Remember, it can take up to 6 hours for your coupon to start displaying to customers.
- Submit coupon.
It’s that simple. Providing Amazon coupons for online shoppers is like holding the door open for someone or letting them in front of you in line. The shoppers will be gracious. Gracious shoppers are more likely to share their positive shopping experience as well. Think of the reviews and feedback!