- Lena R. Liberman
- On April 26, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Amazon Prime, counterfeits/fakes, news
It was a big week for Amazon news. We’ve got three biggies in terms of topics, plus a host of other nuggets of interest.
1. BuzzFeed’s Amazon Black-Hat Tactics Exposé
- Some Amazon Sellers Are Paying $10,000 a Month to Trick Their Way to the Top
- “Black Hat” Companies Sell Services to Get Products Featured and Upranked on Amazon (BoingBoing follow-up with fabulous image)
2. Amazon’s 2019 Q1 Report Release
- Questions and Speculation Prior
- Answers and Opinions After
3. Amazon Prime
- Prime Delivery Change: 2-Day Shipping Becomes 1-Day Shipping
- More Prime News
- Prime Day
- Seller Labs Webinars:
- UPCOMING: Lessons Learned from Prime Day 2018 & How to Succeed for Prime Day 2019 | May 22, 2019 2:00 PM ET
- UPCOMING: Prime Day Push: Advertising Must Do’s to Increase Sales on Prime Day | June 19, 2019 2:00 PM ET
- REPLAY: Prepare Your Brand to Stand Out on Prime Day originally broadcast April 22, 2019.
- Seller Labs Posts and Downloadable Goodies
- Seller Labs Webinars:
Amazon Seller News and News for and About Sellers
- May 15, 2019 is Fulfillment by Amazon’s next scheduled long-term storage fee inventory cleanup. See FBA long-term storage fees for details.
They Don’t Eat Their Own Dog Food: The Apple-Amazon Edition (aka i[Don’t]Cloud)
- Apple Reportedly Signed a $1.5 billion, 5-Year Deal with Amazon’s Cloud
- Apple Spends More Than $30 Million on Amazon’s Cloud Every Month, Making It One of the Biggest AWS Customers
Brand News and Private Label
- Amazon Says Its Private Labels Are Only 1% of Its Business, but New Data Shows Some Are Seeing Huge Growth
- Private Labels Outpacing National Brands
- “There Are New Rules”: How Brands Are Growth-Hacking Amazon’s Marketplace
- Amazon’s Advertising Sales Growth Is Slowing Down
- Amazon Advertising Growth and Insights from Q1 2019
Amazon, the Law, and of Course, Lots of Lawyers
- Is Amazon Violating U.S. Antitrust Laws? This Law Student Thinks He Has Evidence.
- Amazon Tries Bringing in Lawyers for Sellers Claiming Patent Infringement
Gào Cí, China, Catch Ya Later!
- Amazon Curtailing Business Operations in China
- Amazon to Stop Providing Services to Third-Party Merchants in China: Report
- Amazon Gives Up on Challenging Alibaba and JD.com in China
- Amazon Will Shut Down Chinese Marketplace but Continue Cross-Border Operations
Amazon’s New Forays and Endeavors
- Amazon and Google Are Making Music Free—And That Could Be a Big Headache for Spotify
- “Meet PillPack”: Amazon Rolls Out Rx Delivery Direct Marketing
Bricks and Mortar
- All Kohl’s Stores to Take Amazon Returns
- The Kohl’s-Amazon Partnership Is Great News for Kohl’s—and Even Better News for Amazon
Event: Seller Labs’ Resonate Event Is Almost Here!
- This unique event delivers advanced knowledge and thought leadership you won’t find anywhere else. Join us May 7-8 in Atlanta for Resonate 2019. SPECIAL OFFER FOR ICYMI READERS: Grab your tickets now and use promo code ICYMI to save $200 per ticket!