Welcome to the last Seller Labs In Case You Missed It of 2018! This week is pretty packed with Amazon-related news and news to keep sellers (and shoppers and Amazon watchers) informed (and perhaps even entertained).
If you’re an ICYMI reader, first off, thank you for allowing us to be your source for Amazon seller news; on behalf of the whole Seller Labs crew, I wish you a happy, healthy, peaceful, and prosperous new year.
Second, as we close out 2018 with our last ICYMI, I want to recommend our special year-end retrospective, Inside the Lab: 2018 in Review. It’s an easy way to catch up on the can’t-miss Amazon seller news and articles and resources from the year that was.
And Now to This Week’s In Case You Missed It . . .
Amazon Seller News and News for and About Sellers
- Amazon Is Lowering the Fees It Charges Third-Party Sellers to Boost Selection
- How Miami’s Amazon Reseller Army Serves Shoppers Worldwide—and Makes Millions
- Amazon’s Latest Behind-the-Scenes Move to Compete with eBay and Walmart (with excellent referral fee comparison chart)
Q4 2018/The Holidays
- Amazon Customers Made This Holiday Season Record-Breaking with More Items Ordered Worldwide Than Ever Before (Amazon Press Release)
- What Amazon Did (and Didn’t) Mention in its Holiday Sales Press Release
- Amazon’s Record-Breaking Holiday: What You Should Know
- Amazon Reports ‘Record-Breaking’ Holiday Season with Its Own Devices Selling ‘Millions More’
- Shoppers Trust Amazon, and It Has Completely Changed the Way Last-Minute Holiday Shopping Is Done
A Look Ahead to 2019
- Amazon Could Look to Put These Companies Into Its Shopping Cart in 2019
- Why It’s Hard to Escape Amazon’s Long Reach
- 6 Reasons to Stop Thinking of Amazon As an Online Store
Fulfillment, Packing, Shipping, Delivery, and General Logistics
- Watch out FedEx and UPS: Amazon Is Growing Its Air Fleet Again
- FedEx’s Management Doesn’t Think Amazon’s a Threat
- Amazon Is Cutting Costs with Its Own Delivery Service — But Its Drivers Don’t Receive Benefits
Low Margins and Low-Budget Items Are Changing How Amazon Does Business: The Story of CRaP (Can’t Realize a Profit)
- 6 Ways Amazon Made Prime Worth It in 2018
- Amazon Says It Delivered 1 Billion Holiday `Items’ for Free Under Prime Service
- The SEC Wants to Know How Much Money Amazon Makes from Prime
- Why Amazon Still Doesn’t Think Prime Revenue Is Meaningful Enough to Disclose
Advertising On (And Off) Amazon
Privacy and Security
Workers, Wages, and Warehouse Conditions
- Working the Holidays as an Amazon Worker
- A Workers’ Union Skewered Amazon’s Labour Practices with a Whack-a-Mole Game About Working at a Warehouse Over Christmas
- Amazon Is Making It More Expensive to Fulfill ‘Dangerous’ Items in Its Warehouses Weeks After a Can of Bear Spray Exploded and Injured Dozens of Workers