- Lena R. Liberman
- On May 15, 2020
The Good News for Sellers and Buyers
- Amazon Made Several Moves That Signal Shipping Times Are Returning to Normal After Weeks of Delays
- Amazon Says Deliveries Returning to Normal After COVID Crush
- We’ve made some big adjustments to our suite of Amazon seller tools. See for yourself with a FREE 30-day trial of Seller Labs Pro.
News, Updates, and Policy Changes Straight from Amazon
- Pause on Account Suspensions for Order Performance Extended to May 31: In early April, Amazon announced that it had paused account suspensions for order performance issues through May 15. This has been extended two weeks through May 31. Beginning June 1, Amazon will restart tracking and enforcing per its established order performance standards. Any order performance defects showing in your Account Health page from prior to June 1 will not be used to evaluate your account health.
- New Sizing Standardization for Apparel Products: Amazon will be standardizing the listing creation process for ASINs in the Apparel category starting in summer 2020 . . . Apparel sizes that do not meet the new standards may be removed from display on detail pages after June 30. This applies to newly-created ASINs as well as existing ASINs . . . To see guidelines and adjust your sizes to meet standards, please go to the Seller Central Amazon Apparel Size Standards and view compliant size values for Apparel products.
- New Amazon Custom Listing Features: The Amazon Custom listing experience has new features allowing you to offer customizable and make-on-demand products in your store. You can find the features on the Manage Inventory page in Seller Central. The new features are available for registered Amazon Custom sellers. If you have a Professional selling account and would like to use the new features, visit Amazon Custom Registration.
Ideas, Information, Events, Resources, and Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging in 2020: What’s Okay and What’s Not: This quick survey about Amazon buyer-seller messaging gives you a chance to ask your questions about communicating with buyers on Amazon. Help us bust myths, spread knowledge, and answer questions crucial to your business’s reputation.
- Seller Labs Live Digital Meetup May 19, 2020 12:00 PM EDT/9:00 AM PDT: Connect with other sellers and Seller Labs experts so you can learn how to grow your business profitably.
- Office Hours with Seller Labs Every Friday at 11:00 AM EDT: Join Jeff Cohen and industry experts as they discuss hot topics currently affecting Amazon sellers and entrepreneurs.
Price Fluctuation or Price Gouging?
- Top Amazon Exec Calls for Federal Price Gouging Law Amid Coronavirus Scams
- It’s Time for Congress to Establish a Federal Price Gouging Law By Brian Huseman, Amazon Vice President of Public Policy
Opinions and Assessments: How Coronavirus Impacts Amazon, Culture, and the Economy
- Virus Boost for Amazon Is Not Without Risks
- Amazon Could Face Renewed Antitrust Scrutiny due to COVID-19 Sales, Analyst Says
- How The Coronavirus Pandemic Affects Sales on Amazon
- Our Weird Behavior During the Pandemic Is Screwing with AI Models
- Why Ordering from Amazon Has Been So Unpredictable During the Coronavirus Crisis
Perceptions, Predictions, and Speculation About Amazon
- Where Will Amazon.com Be in 10 Years?
- Is Amazon Vulnerable?
- Amazon’s Empire Is Vulnerable to “Rebel” Incursions
The Amazon Workforce
- In a Letter to Amazon, 13 AGs Call for Increased Transparency and Stronger Worker Protections
- Amazon to End Wage Increases and Double Overtime Pay in June
- Amazon’s Showdown in France Tests Its Ability to Sidestep Labor
- Amazon Engineers Develop Face Shields for Frontline Workers
- Amazon Launches Cognitive Search Service Kendra in General Availability
- AWS Announces General Availability of Amazon Kendra
- Official Kendra on AWS Page