- Lena R. Liberman
- On October 19, 2019
Q4/Holiday News and Opportunities for Amazon Sellers
- Want Amazon to Promote Your Products During the Holidays? Be Prepared to Pay Millions.
- Amazon Charges Brands for Slots on Its ‘Curated’ Holiday Toy Guide
- 4 Tips to Improve Amazon Product Detail Pages for the Holiday Shopping Season
- Seller Labs Q4 Upcoming Events:
- Jeff Bezos: This Is the “Smartest Thing We Ever Did’ at Amazon
- Amazon Shares 6 Ways It Creates a Culture of Innovation and How You Can Too
- This Is the Test Amazon Uses to Decide Which Ideas Are Worth Turning into New Products
Opinions (Not Necessarily Ours or Endorsed by Us) About Amazon
- 4 Reasons Why Every Retailer Should Embrace Amazon
- Amazon Needs a Leash
- Walmart Subsidizing Some Vendors in Price War With Amazon
- Walmart’s New Pricing Program Ramps Up Holiday Shopping War With Amazon
- UPS Jumps onto Amazon’s Turf with Fulfillment, Shipping Services for Online Merchants
The Amazon Advertising Juggernaut
- Amazon Nibbles Away at Google’s Search Advertising Dollars
- Amazon’s Share of Search Ad Spend Forecast to Grow 30% in 2019
- Amazon’s Starting to Pull Away from Competitors in Search Advertising
Fakes, Frauds, Counterfeits, Scams, and So Many Bad Actors
- Amazon Has a “Notorious” Counterfeit Problem
- Amazon Fights Back Against AAFA’s “Notorious Market” Claims
- Amazon Sellers Are Using Facebook Chatbots to Cheat Their Way to Good Reviews (Of course they are. Find lots of Seller Labs resources to help you understand black-hat tactics on Amazon and to avoid becoming a victim here.)
Forecast: Cloudy with a Chance of Private Data Being Misused
- Amazon Reports “Migration Complete” In Oracle Database Purge
- How Amazon.com Moved into the Business of U.S. Elections
Stats: Amazon by the Numbers
- Amazon Ranks 3rd Among the Most Valuable Brands on Earth
- Amazon Has Added Three Million Sellers Since 2017
- Amazon’s Marketplace Is Adding 3,300 New Sellers a Day — But Many Don’t Stick Around
- Map of Amazon Sellers in the US
Amazon One-Day Delivery, But at What Cost?
- Amazon Is Firing Its Delivery Firms Following People’s Deaths
- The Outcry Over Deaths on Amazon’s Warehouse Floor
- Amazon’s New Weapon to Crush Competition: $1 Items Delivered for Free — By Tomorrow
- The Problem with Amazon’s Speedy Shipping, in One Graphic
Antitrust, Monopsony, and Regulation Hits Amazon in the U.K.
- Amazon’s Deliveroo Investment Attracts Formal U.K. Probe
- Amazon’s Massive Investment in Food Delivery Startup Deliveroo Faces Further Delays Thanks to a Formal Antitrust Probe
Amazon Policies, Programs, and Incentives
US Inventory Performance Index (IPI) Threshold Change and Free Removals Promotion. The dates and details you need to know:
- Effective January 1, 2020, Amazon is changing the IPI storage-limit threshold to 400 (previously 350). Storage limits will continue to be evaluated each quarter.
- If your IPI score is less than 400 during the next evaluation week of November 11, 2019, you will be notified of your potential storage limits for Q1 2020. You’ll then have six weeks to improve your IPI score.
- If your IPI score is still below 400 during the week of December 23, 2019, storage limits will apply for Q1 2020.
- Sellers who maintain an IPI score of 400+ will have unlimited storage for standard-size and oversize items (monthly storage fees and long-term storage fees still apply).
- Amazon is offering a limited-time free inventory removal promotion for all sellers with an IPI score of 350+ at any point in October 2019. Sellers without an IPI score are not eligible for the promo
- If you qualify for the promo, beginning October 14, 2019, Amazon will waive your removal fees for any removal order submitted for inventory in Amazon US fulfillment centers. This promo ends at 11:59 PM PT on October 31, 2019. Details here.
And Finally, Some Random Amazon Seller News and News for Sellers
- Of Course Amazon Is Putting on a Music Festival
- 13 Signs an Amazon Seller Can’t Be Trusted
- Amazon to Run Whisky Tasting Live-Streaming Event
- My Algorithm Makeover
- Amazon Unveils .sg (Singapore) Marketplace, Two Years After Prime Now Launch (Sorry I missed this one last week.)
- Amazon’s Sustainable Packaging Program Isn’t Catching On, But Why Not?