- Lena R. Liberman
- On September 6, 2019
Amazon Storage Fees
In the March 22 edition of ICYMI, I mentioned that: “From March 18–September 30, 2019, Fulfillment by Amazon will waive monthly storage and removal fees for the first 50 units per ASIN for up to 100 new-to-Amazon ASINs created by participating sellers in eligible product categories.”
Amazon has now extended that promotion and updated the details: “To encourage you to keep testing new products on Amazon.com, we are extending our offer to waive monthly storage and removal fees for new-to-Amazon ASINs in eligible product categories through February 18, 2020. To learn the details and find out if you qualify, visit Monthly storage and removal fee promotion for new ASINs.”
This seems like no big deal on first read, but look again and you’ll notice that the update now extends the offer for all of Q4 and beyond. That’s a great way for Amazon to get more new-ASIN inventory in and available for the holidays. If you’ve got new ASINs, this promo just got a lot more valuable.
But before you get too excited about that, remember that September 15, 2019 is Amazon’s next scheduled long-term storage fee inventory cleanup. Get those coupons and deals loaded and reduce costly stock! For details, see FBA long-term storage fees and Last-Minute Strategies to Beat Amazon Long-Term Storage Fees.
Don’t like Amazon’s fees? Expand and diversify! Read Expand Your Reach: Sell on the Walmart Marketplace to Millions for more info.
New Amazon Promo: 7-Day Deals
According to Amazon, “A 7-Day Deal is a time-bound, promotional offer where an item is featured for up to 7 days on the Amazon Deals page. 7-Day Deals will also receive a ‘Limited time deal’ badge in search results, driving more visibility to your deal and brand. You can create both 7-Day Deals and Lightning Deals on eligible products in the Deals Dashboard in Seller Central.” Boy, does Amazon love its badges. And speaking of, Amazon Is Testing a ‘New’ Badge to Highlight Newly Released Products.
Tariffs: Passing the Buck (and the Burden)
- Amazon May Need to Raise Prices to Offset Latest Tariff Blow: BofA
- Bank of America Breaks Down Exactly How Much Amazon and Wayfair Will Have to Hike Prices to Offset US Tariffs on Chinese Imports
Amazon Safety Scrutinized
- Amazon’s Next-Day Delivery System Has Brought Chaos and Carnage to America’s Streets — But the World’s Biggest Retailer Has a System to Escape the Blame
- His Mother Was Killed by a Van Making Amazon Deliveries. Here’s the Letter He Wrote to Jeff Bezos.
- Amazon Delivery-Rated Accidents Have Caused at Least 10 Deaths Since Mid-2015
- Just How Bad Is Amazon’s Banned Products Problem?
- And a nice deep dive into last week’s big safety story, Investigation: How Sellers Exploit Amazon’s Loopholes to Sell Unsafe Products.
Amazon and the Law: Fakes, Fines, Fear, and French Stuff
- Christian Louboutin Prevails Against Amazon in European Union Counterfeiting Case
- Unlicensed Signal Boosters Get a Boost From Amazon
- Amazon Caught Selling Network-Disrupting Unlicensed Cell Signal Boosters
- Class Action Suit Alleges Amazon Has ‘Consistently Abused Its Market Power,’ Endangered the Public
- Is Amazon Marketplace Out of Control?
- Amazon Fined 4 Million Euros in France Over Competition Issues
Amazon Advertising (On Amazon and Beyond)
- Amazon Lures Ad Dollars Away from Duopoly with New Social Ad Measurement Update
- Introducing Amazon Attribution, a Measurement Solution for Brands That Sell on Amazon (Amazon’s Official Announcement)
- Amazon Attribution Updates (Amazon’s Official Statement)
- What a Clean Room Means for Amazon Advertising
- The Amazon Influencer Program: Leveraging the Power of Social Media
- Webinar Replay with Scott Voelker: The Next-Level Amazon Product Launch Plan
Whoops! (Or, “I wouldn’t mess with Margaret Atwood, but you do you, Amazon.”)
Culture and Community
- We Got Inside New York City’s First Amazon Fulfillment Center, Where Thousands of People Work in a Building Large Enough for 18 Football Fields
- I Toured Amazon’s Massive, Robot-Powered Warehouse That Serves New York City — These Are the 6 Incredible Little Details That Stood Out
And I’d be remiss in my weekly roundup of Amazon seller news were I not to link to Unconscious Amazon Employee Chastised for Not Filing Time-Off Request and to also do a bit of CYA by saying that it’s from The Onion. Enjoy your weekend.