- Lena R. Liberman
- On January 3, 2020
Goodbye 2019, Hello 2020
- 6% of Amazon Customers Not Happy This Holiday Season
- 2019 Package Theft Statistics Report
- Amazon’s 2019 Small Business Spotlight Winners
- 3 Reasons Amazon Won the Holidays
- Amazon’s 5 Biggest Flubs of 2019 (Login required, registration is free.)
- 2020 Shopping Outlook: 82 Percent of Consumers More Inclined to Purchase After Seeing, Holding, or Demoing Products In-Store
The Breakdown (Just the Facts, Ma’am)
- How Amazon Makes Its Money
- Amazon Threatens to Fire Critics Who Are Outspoken on Its Environmental Policies
Opinions, Speculations, and Flights of Fancy
- Is This The Beginning Of Amazon’s Meltdown?
- The Most Amazing Anti-Amazon Strategy . . . That Will Never Happen
- Could Amazon Buy eBay In A 2020 Cash Deal? (The title is pretty click-baity and a bit misleading but the article may be interesting for sellers on who participate on both marketplaces.)
- What Amazon Advertising Will Look Like in 2020
Amazon Returns Get Even More Complicated and Dodgy (Again)
- Are Return Rates Out of Control?
- Amazon Return Shipping: Get a Refund on Unwanted Items the Free and Easy Way (Ouch, an article that tells readers how to return things, without incurring return shipping fees, even when the return is entirely the buyer’s fault. Not cool.) See also Don’t Get Burned on Amazon Holiday Returns.
New eCommerce Competition
- Asia’s Richest Man Unveils Online Store in Challenge to Amazon
- Reliance Takes on Amazon with Launch of eCommerce Platform
Amazon Logistics Focus: Shipping and Delivery
- Does Anyone Benefit from Amazon’s Shipping Restrictions on Third-Party Sellers?
- One-Day Shipping Could Add Over $50 Billion to Amazon’s Top Line
- Amazon Shows Why It’s Investing So Much In Logistics
Amazon News, Updates, and Policy Changes for Sellers
- Effective January 1, 2020: Tax Collection for Orders Shipped to Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Information here.
- Effective January 13, 2020: Free Shipping Promotions will no longer be supported.
- January 15, 2020: Fulfillment by Amazon’s next scheduled long-term storage fee inventory cleanup.
- Effective February 18, 2020: US FBA and Referral Fee Changes.
This Week’s Seller Labs Goodies
- Seller Labs 2019 Year in Review
- What Makes Successful Amazon Sellers? (Yasss! The inimitable Jeff Cohen is back with his first blog post of 2020!)
- [Tip Sheet] 4 Tips to Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings
- Seller Labs Live (New York City, Jan. 14, 2020; Salt Lake City Feb. 5, 2020)
- [Webinar] The 4 Components to Building a Strong Brand on Amazon – Thursday, January 23, 2020 @ 2PM EST
- Seller Labs: 2020 Events, Conferences, and Trade Shows for Amazon Sellers
- Try Seller Labs Pro FREE for 30 days. It’s the ultimate suite of tools for Amazon sellers so give it a try and see what it can do for your business.