- On June 13, 2017
- 0 Comments
- blacklist, support
To set up a filter in Feedback Genius so customers that have opted out are added to a blacklist, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your Feedback Genius account, click on your email address in the upper right-hand corner and select Blacklist.
2. Now click the question mark “?” to see your unique blacklist email address. It will look something like email@example.com
3. Copy your unique blacklist email address from Feedback Genius and open your Gmail account.
4. Within Gmail, go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option within the settings and add your unique Feedback Genius email address to the forwarding option.
5. Paste the address into the space provided and click Next.
6. Once you’ve added the Feedback Genius forwarding address, check your Gmail inbox for a unique forwarding code from Feedback Genius.
7. Copy that verification code and add it to your Gmail account within the Forwarding and POP/MAP section.
8. Within Gmail, click on Filters and Blocked Addresses and create a new filter.
9. Copy the email address from your bounced Amazon buyer message (it should be firstname.lastname@example.org) and paste it into the From section of the filter creation page.
10. You can also add copy to be filtered in the Has the words section for further filtering power. You can include a common phrase from the opted out email like “buyer has opted out of unsolicited messages.” Paste this line in the Has the words section.
11. Now you can click Create filter with this search.
12. Gmail will now ask you what you want to do with the filter, in the next section. Check the box in the middle labeled as Forward it to: and then select the unique blacklist email address you received from Feedback Genius.
13. Click the Create filter button.
Whenever you receive a buyer opt out message, Gmail will forward the address to your Feedback Genius blacklist so you will no longer send that buyer any more messages.