- Lena R. Liberman
- On April 10, 2020
First, a Couple of Good Things
- Glimmers of Hope as Amazon Expands List of “High-Priority” Items
- Announcing the New Seller Labs Communication Center
Now, Straight From Amazon: Policy and Program Changes
COVID-19 Supplies Referral Fees Reduction: “Amazon is prioritizing the supply of key medical supplies to hospitals and government organizations. You may have offers on select products (ASINs) that will now be available exclusively to hospitals and government organizations, which are in urgent need of high-demand medical products. Select ASINs of these product types will no longer be available to the broader public on Amazon.com and AmazonBusiness.com. The list of eligible ASINs is available here.
- For ASINs subject to this change, we have eliminated our standard referral fees through June 30, 2020.
- If you have an active offer on an ASIN that we remove from COVID-19 Supplies, we will continue to waive our standard referral fee on your offer until the earlier of 14 days from the removal date or June 30, 2020.
- Additional ASINs may be added or removed from COVID-19 Supplies at any time.”
Temporary Return Window Extension: “. . . We request that you match our returns policy for the applicable Amazon website, regardless of your fulfillment solution. For orders placed on Amazon.com, most items delivered between March 1, 2020, and April 30, 2020, can now be returned until May 31, 2020.”
Account Suspensions for Order Performance On Hold: “ . . . Beginning March 20, we stopped suspending selling accounts for high cancelation or high late shipment rates. Effective immediately, we are also stopping suspension of selling accounts for high order defect rates. These changes will stay in effect through May 15. We will continue to evaluate the situation, and let you know if we will extend this further.”
Introducing a Tracking Website for Multi-Channel Fulfillment Orders: “Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) sellers and their customers can now use a new tracking website to get real-time updates on the location of their shipped packages . . . To learn more, visit Fill Orders from Other Sales Channels (Multi-Channel Fulfillment).”
Buy Box Algorithm Adjusted to Favor Merchant Fulfilled Orders
- Amazon Adjusted Buy Box Algorithm, Rewarding Merchant Fulfilled Orders
- If you’re interested in trying the Merchant Fulfilled Network, read Getting Started Using Amazon’s Merchant Fulfilled Network Shipping.
- How to Beat the Amazon FBA Shipping Restrictions
- Amazon FBM Tips for FBA Merchants Transitioning to Self Fulfillment (MFN/FBM)
Prime Day Postponement?
- Amazon Is Reportedly Delaying Prime Day Due to COVID-19
- Amazon to Delay Prime Day Event Due to Coronavirus, Outlines Cloud Risks
- What Happens to Amazon Prime Day Now? Reports Say This Is the Plan, According to Leaked Internal Documents
- From Amazon: FAQ About Some of the Advertising-Related Challenges You May Be Facing Due to COVID-19
- Amazon Product Targeting In Sponsored Display Rolls Out In US
- [Tip Sheet] The 4 Cornerstones of Effective Amazon Advertising
- Is Amazon Approaching Its Breaking Point in the COVID-19 Crisis?
- Amazon to Suspend Delivery Service Competing with UPS, FedEx
- Amazon Halts Its Shipping Service That Competed with UPS and FedEx
- Another Sign of Surging Demand on Amazon.com
Amazon and the Law
- New York Law Firm Wins “Amazon Reinstatement” for People and Companies Falsely Accused of Price Gouging on Amazon (Congratulations to our friend CJ Rosenbaum for the win! You can get in touch with CJ at Amazon Sellers Lawyer should you need representation.)
- EU Court Says Amazon Not Liable for Unwitting Third-Party Trademark Infringement
- Amazon Dodges a Counterfeit Bullet in Europe, But What About the US?
Amazon Warehouses and Workers
- Gaps in Amazon’s Coronavirus Response Fuel Warehouse Workers’ Demands
- ”Amazon Is Not Taking Care of Us”: Warehouse Workers Say They’re Struggling to Get Paid Despite Sick Leave Policy
- Top Unions Call for Closure of All Amazon Warehouses — Experts Say It Would Be Disastrous
- Senators Demands Answers from Amazon About Warehouse Worker Treatment
- It’s Now Amazon’s Turn in the Spotlight
- Amazon Building COVID-19 Test Lab for Workers
- Amazon Needs Its Workers More Than Ever, Giving Them Leverage to Push for Safer Warehouses
Opinions and Assessments: How Coronavirus Impacts Amazon, Culture, and the Economy
- Coronavirus Impact on Amazon Sellers: Part 2 (Part One from March 19, 2020 here.)
- Amid COVID-19, Is Amazon Missing Time To Shine?
- Coronavirus Dominates Amazon Search
- The Weird Stuff We’re Buying on Amazon Gives Insight Into “The Quarantined Consumer”