- Caroline Powell
- On November 30, 2018
- 0 Comments
- Amazon advertising, Amazon Black Friday, Amazon Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime, amazon seller news
Our Amazon news last week was all about the holidays, and some initial Black Friday reportings. Turns out, Cyber Monday was Amazon’s largest shopping day in its 24-year history. Combined with the rest of Amazon’s “Turkey 5” (the days from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday), this has turned into Amazon’s busiest and most profitable holiday kick off ever. They continue increasing in sales during this time, which is beneficial to sellers!
We may be beyond the “Turkey 5” but there are still 25 days until Christmas, which means that you can still optimize your business for sales this holiday. Catch up on our Q4 webinars, and keep an eye on our blog for tons of education on everything from ensuring profitability to remaining TOS compliant.
Now, for the latest Amazon news:
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the Holidays
- Black Friday Sales Show Consumers May Be Cooking Up A Retail Rebound This Holiday Season
- Amazon Reports Biggest Shopping Day on Cyber Monday
- Jeff Bezos’s Net Worth Grew by $6.28 Billion on Cyber Monday, Amazon’s Biggest-Ever Shopping Day
Amazon Private Label and “Our Brands”
Privacy and Security
- Amazon Stays Quiet on Cybersecurity Breach
- Amazon Confirms It’s Working On A Project to Mine Patient Records and More Accurately Diagnose Diseases
- Amazon Cloud Business Reaches into Space with Satellite Connection Service
- Amazon Wants Brands to Advertise Alexa Voice Shopping — Essentially for Free
- Amazon Gets Neighborly With Madison Avenue
- Amazon Cyber Monday Sales Highlight its Expanding Advertising Business
- Amazon Put Unwanted Sponsored Products in Customers’ Baby Registries
- The Bulk of Amazon’s Ad Dollars Are Coming from Placement in Its Virtual Store Aisles
- Facebook’s Black Friday Fumble Is Great News for Amazon
Taxes, Tariffs, and Trade
- Tariffs and the Trade War: How to Survive as an Amazon Seller Caught in the Crossfire
- American Retailers Squeeze Chinese Suppliers as Tariffs Start to Hurt
- Amazon Is Being Investigated by the German Antitrust Authority
- Amazon Warehouse Workers in Europe Spent Black Friday Protesting
- Amazon Is Halting Restaurant Delivery Service in the U.K.
Opinions About Amazon
- How to Wean Yourself Off Amazon This Holiday Shopping Season
- Why It’s Time to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Account
As clearly the holidays are here, we invite you to join us as we work hard to make sure that no child goes without a holiday gift this year. Find out about our annual Seller Labs Cares Toys for Tots campaign and how you can get involved (we’ll even help you with your tax deduction when you donate!) In charitable Amazon news, they’ve made it easy for everyone to donate to Toys for Tots with the help of Alexa. Help us make a difference for those in need this holiday.