- Lena R. Liberman
- On May 17, 2019
- 0 Comments
- amazon ad scheduling, amazon advertising tips, amazon dayparting
Amazon Sponsored Products advertising campaigns are one of the best tools sellers have to boost sales and gain visibility for their products and brands, but with 82% of Amazon’s ad revenue coming from SPAs, competition is fierce. Amazon PPC dayparting, (also known as ad scheduling) gives sellers the power to control when ads run and for how long by having your ad campaigns displayed only at certain times. The idea behind ad scheduling is to maximize the visibility and results of your ads by zeroing in on when your target audience is most likely to click and/or purchase.
Read the tips below on how you can use dayparting to increase your Amazon sales.
1. DETERMINE WHEN YOUR AUDIENCE IS MOST LIKELY TO BUY, AND RUN ADS THEN. This seems obvious, but it wasn’t until recently when Ignite brought Amazon PPC dayparting to Amazon that sellers could control when their ads ran. Dayparting is based on the idea of breaking the week into hourly blocks to make it possible for your campaigns to have a calendar on which you can allocate your budget to specific times or days, down to the hour. Once you
know when your target audience is searching for your product, ad scheduling can make it easier to convert a click to a sale.
2. DON’T KNOW WHEN YOUR AUDIENCE IS MOST LIKELY TO BUY? TEST IT! You might assume that there are certain times of the day, or days of the week, when more people are shopping for and buying your products. One way to test this is to create multiple identical Amazon ad campaigns (same product ads, budgets, bids, etc.) and set those campaigns to run in equal segments throughout the day, or on various days. After enough activity is collected, analyze the results to determine if certain times or days offer enhanced ROI for your campaigns.
3. HONE IN ON PEAK HOURS OR DAYS THAT GET YOU THE MOST CLICKS, AND ULTIMATELY SALES. Once you review data on prime conversion times, dayparting can be an effective strategy to increase both the visibility of your ad and sales. By condensing the time frame your ad is shown to very specific, high-traffic hours, you can get more results without wasting ad spend on clicks that are unlikely to convert.
4. DON’T BE AFRAID TO TURN OFF ADS FOR ENTIRE DAYS IF THAT’S WHAT YOUR SALES INDICATE. Between the sales and user search term reports found in Ignite, you have a wealth of info not just for ad scheduling but for optimizing all of your Amazon advertising campaigns. Use those reports in combination to maximize your ad spend. And don’t forget to check back regularly to make sure there haven’t been dramatic shifts in when buyers are buying!
Dayparting is just one reason to sign up for a 30-day free trial of Ignite. Put the power of Amazon Advertising in your hands today! Need help managing your ad campaigns? Our Amazon PPC Managed Services team is standing by to help manage your advertising so you can focus on other areas of your business.