Getting Amazon Feedback Has Never Been More Difficult … Or More Important. Feedback Genius Can Help.
- Lena R. Liberman
- On May 24, 2018
- 0 Comments
- Amazon, fbg, feedback genius, incentivized reviews, no opt-in, support
The True State of Amazon Feedback and Reviews
If you’ve heard that getting Amazon feedback and reviews in 2018 is virtually impossible given that Amazon has banned incentivized reviews and offered customers the email opt-out, don’t believe the hype. Contrary to many sellers’ beliefs, meaningful feedback is still attainable and very much worth pursuing. In fact, legit product reviews and seller feedback have never been more important than they are today, and buyer-seller emails as a step in the customer-service process has never been more vital. That’s what makes Feedback Genius an even more-essential tool than ever.
Mindset Shift: Quality Over Quantity
Did you know that both Amazon and Seller Labs recommend sending one (no more than two) messages per order? It’s true, but still, many sellers incorrectly assume that more messages lead to more Amazon feedback. To help you focus on quality over quantity when it comes to customer messaging, we’ve gathered some tips to help you reduce sends as well as the associated risks (customers feeling over-messaged, Amazon flagging your account as high-send, you running out of messages, etc.)
Tip 1: Use This Slam-Dunk Message-Management Technique
If you’re currently sending one message geared toward garnering a product review AND ANOTHER ONE geared toward getting seller feedback (for the same order), think about which is more important to you and pursue only that one. Not sure which is more valuable? Use Feedback Genius to run an A/B Test to find out which gets you better open rates and more/better responses.
Tip 2: Keep It Fresh
The goal of selling on Amazon isn’t just transactions, it’s about telling your story, building your brand, and enhancing your reputation. When you do those things right, you’re rewarded in the form of repeat customers and word-of-mouth (read: free) advertising.
So if you’re going for repeat shoppers, why would you keep sending all of your buyers the same messages over and over? Keeping your emails fresh will make it so that buyers are less likely to feel numb to your messages or pestered by the same content, and in turn, to unsubscribe.
If you think about messaging as a way to build your brand IN ADDITION to getting Amazon feedback and reviews, Feedback Genius emails become a platform for you to showcase your brand identity and your creativity and capabilities.
A great way to do this is by utilizing new and different templates, seeing how they perform against each other, and tweaking the messages. Oh, and treating these like your product listings, which is to say, constantly auditing and optimizing (Watch Seller Labs’ Jeff Cohen and Skubana’s Chad Rubin audit Chad’s Feedback Genius account and discuss best practices here.)
- Log in to Feedback Genius.
- Select Messages from the top menu.
- Click the orange “+ NEW MESSAGE” button.
- Click “View Library of Templates.”
- Check out the top section of glorious All-in-One templates denoted by a star graphic.
- Create a few different messages using different versions of these super-effective, freshened-up powerhouse templates that roll all of your necessary content into single emails.
- Emphasize different positive aspects of your brand in each one.
- Tout your guarantee, provide instructions on using your product, offer added value in the form of usage suggestions and images, make sure to include your logo.
- Whatever you do, don’t stand still and send the same old emails to the same customers over and over again.
- Bottom line: create and send the emails you would want to receive.
Remember that we want to see you succeed and we’re here to help you use Feedback Genius to do just that! If you’re an FBG user and you have questions, or you hit a snag in making changes, or you just need some help along the way, check our knowledge base for answers. Still need help? Contact our Customer Success Team so they can assist you. And if you’re not using Feedback Genius, you’re playing fast and loose with your seller reputation and your brand. Rectify that with a combo of a free 30-day trial of Feedback Genius and our tips, and see just how much value you can generate from meaningful buyer-seller communications.