How to Build Facebook Audiences to Launch Products with Rachel Miller: Recap
This is a recap from a Facebook Live event we did on How to Build Facebook Audiences to Launch Products with Rachel Miller from Moolah Marketing. The show notes are listed below to enable you to skip to a section of interest if you don’t have time to view the entire video.
8:00 – What is a Facebook audience?
- Personal profile, page, & group
10:00 – Think of the product in how it relates to your potential buyers
- Example: Pen…it’s not just a pen. Who is going to be using the pen? How can you attract that demographic?
11:00 – What is the best strategy for the pre-launch of a product in order to get it viral and get engagement for a launch?
- Create some buzz around the type of people who will want your products.
- What are you looking for? What would be helpful for others?
ALL ABOUT YOUR READER
17:00 – 2-4 pieces of content per day and vary the content
- Photos, videos, products, etc.
- Test the market
- Status updates
20:00 – What is the best method to build an audience and get page followers quickly?
- If you start your Facebook page and you don’t have any customers or followers yet for a new product
- Content test – four different options – boost to same exact audience
- Boost successful content toward different interests – where are these people?
- Interests are more telling than demographics
26:00 – What is the best type of ad to get people to “like” your page? What is the best type of ad to get people to share your post?
- Boost for Engagement
29:00 – Horse/Cart? Find the perfect horse and fill your cart to match.
- What budget do you usually start with for Boost Posts so you can test each of the 4 content pieces or 3 interest groups?
- $1.00 – high volume of tests with a low budget
31:00 – Like your content THEN like your page
- What is a good engagement percentage or click percentage etc? – 20% of audience
34:00 – 4 types of content
- Upload photo of the product with an image and short description and a link.
- Content should be related to how the product can help/work for others.
- Video – upload onto Facebook or share. Cross post or do it Live.
- Status Update
43:00 – Authentic always does better
47:00 – What is the best way to learn Facebook ads, targeting, analyzing data etc?
- Knowing baseline numbers to show what is working and what is not?
- What won? Try to beat it.
48:00 – Niche “neighborhooding”
- Don’t do lookalike pages if you’re just getting started. Facebook will give you more of what you have.
- 51:00 – If I have had an ad running with a broad audience, which has been converting, is there a way for me to filter interests from the converting audience
- Make the same ad again (exclusion); test the “ands”
- Start broad, then narrow down
56:00 – What if you want to stay anonymous and not use your personal profile?
- Can you use a separate FB account or does it lose impact? Nope. It only negatively affects if you are trying to interact in groups.
Caroline is an Event Manager, Partner Specialist,and Marketing Expert at DISQO. When she's not offering excellent customer support she's doing pirouettes and cheering on the UGA Bulldogs.