- Caroline Powell
- On June 15, 2020
Getting started with Seller Labs Pro can be intimidating. Most sellers we speak with focus on one of the main centers, leaving the others to become less important to their businesses. Keep in mind that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. In this case, Seller Labs Pro is so much more than four powerful success centers.
Whether you’re setting up your Seller Labs Pro account for the first time or you’re wondering if there’s more you can do with your current subscription, we’ve got you covered. Follow these steps to get the most from your account and watch your business grow.
1. Connect All Relevant Marketplaces
Many Amazon sellers are taking advantage of Amazon’s international presence. Thus, you should connect all of your marketplaces up front so you too can go global. North American and European marketplaces can be connected in groups, and Japan and Australia can be added as well. Since there are no overages or extra fees for the number of marketplaces you connect, getting them into Seller Labs Pro sooner rather than later is a great idea. You can always use your subscription to grow into those marketplaces as you go. Having it set up will make your growth easier.
2. Upload Your Product Information
The new Products Table in Pro allows you to upload information for any and all of your ASINs in a single batch. Simply download our CSV template, enter your information, and upload it into the system. You’ll be able to add CoGS, Short Title, Lead Time, and Reorder Level. All of these different pieces can be edited individually should things change (and we know that with Amazon, there will be changes).
3. Update Your Notification Settings
Notifications are enabled by default. However, they can be adjusted according to your preferences. You can receive notifications when your Buy Box percentage has dropped below a certain threshold, if a particular PPC campaign runs out of budget, or if your account disconnects from the Amazon Advertising API. No wondering, just knowing so you don’t lose precious sales time.
For example, a brand registered private label seller would likely want to know if their Buy Box percentage dropped below 100%. A reseller sharing a listing with other merchants would likely tolerate a lower percentage while instead being more concerned about pricing.
4. Set your Target ACoS in the Advertising Center
One of the most powerful features within the Advertising Center Powered by Ignite is the Suggestion Engine. Our machine-learning system actually gets smarter and gives you better keyword and bid recommendations the more you use Ignite. But it can only provide suggestions for campaigns where a Target ACoS has been set. Help it help you! Set your Target ACoS so the tool can help you achieve it quickly and without wasting ad spend.
Note: If you’re new to the advertising space, check out our guide. We also have instructional posts on how you can organize your campaigns better and utilize advertising as part of a profitable product launch.
5. Determine How You Will Communicate with Buyers
The power of the Communication Center comes from its versatility and the high standard set by Feedback Genius. Seller Labs Pro offers the ability to send custom messages to your buyers based on a variety of filters and triggers so that you can build relationships and grow your brand. It also offers the option for no-frills communication via automated Request a Review, which in this case, is a true set-it-and-forget-it time-saver.
Note: We recommend you use Buyer-Seller Messaging OR Request a Review — not both. For a comparison between the two, as well as a guide to communicating with buyers in compliance with Amazon’s policies, read How to Get More Reviews on Amazon and Improve Your Seller Feedback.
6. Track Your Keywords and Products
Within the Keyword Research Center, you can track both products and keywords. The sooner you start tracking, the more historical data you will have and the better decisions you can make. There are no limits on tracking here and the Keyword Center is built around the groundbreaking Scope tool. You can (and should) track your top competitors, keywords you strive to rank for, keywords you already are ranking for, and more. The knowledge from this tracking can then be applied optimizing product listings or finding new opportunities with advertising. It’s a gold mine waiting for you to open it.
7. Brush Up on All of the Features Within Seller Labs Pro
If we were to point out each and every feature you should be using in your Seller Lans Pro subscription, this post would be a lot longer given the tool’s capabilities. Depending on where you are in your business, your feature needs will vary. We get that and we encourage you to use Pro as a single tool that connects all aspects of your Amazon business. You’ll be astonished by how much more you can get done (and how harmoniously) with a powerful unified dashboard tying everything together. Here is some must-know info and some of our favorite Pro features:
- A/B Testing: Within the Communication Center, you can A/B test your messages to see what works best with your audience. You can test different subject lines or even different message content. Either way, you’ll know which messages are most effective.
- Ad Scheduling: In the Advertising Center, you can schedule your advertising campaigns to run only when your shoppers are most likely to purchase. This helps with conversion rates, and it also ensures your budget can outlast your competitors’ budgets.
- Custom Reports: Within the Products Table, you can create your own customized view for the data you want (and need) to see most. Once you have your unique display set, save these reports to come back to later. Rerun and boom — all the updated information displayed just as you like it.
- Smart Filters: These filters available within the Advertising Center give you insight into how well Sponsored Products campaigns are performing. More importantly, using these filters can help you find opportunities for optimizations and big wins when it comes to PPC campaign strategy.
- Discounted Annual Plans: You can save 20% if you sign up for an annual plan. That translates into getting two-and-a-half FREE months of Seller Labs Pro. And that’s even more savings when you tack the annual plan onto your free 30-day trial.
If these set-up tips seem like a lot that’s because Seller Labs Pro delivers a lot! But setting up is quick and easy (we’re here to help), and once you’ve done it, it’s all about maximizing profitability and growth from there.
If you’re on the fence about whether to sign up or not, try a risk-free 30-day trial of Seller Labs Pro. You can cancel at any time, though we’re pretty sure you’ll want to stay on board once you dig in. If you have any questions, our Customer Success Team is standing by. Just click the button in the bottom right hand corner of any Seller Labs page to start a conversation.