- Lena R. Liberman
- On January 19, 2018
- 0 Comments
With CES over, this week sees a slowing on news about Alexa, Echo, Google Home, and all things consumer AI. Frankly, I’m enjoying the lull given just how much the digital-assistant wars have been dominating the news in the last month.
What we have in this week’s ICYMI is a lot of financial assessments generally and speculation about advertising growth in particular (and of course a bunch of stories of spanning pretty much every aspect of e-commerce because Amazon’s reach is that expansive).
I hate to keep hammering away about advertising (not really, I actually love talking/writing about Amazon advertising because I think it’s going to pop this year more than any new product launch, policy change, or expansion endeavor could, and I think it’s going to be a game-changing development that all of the speculation in the world didn’t predict), but the news about Amazon’s advertising stance and possible deeper dives into the field just keeps on coming and the momentum is building.
Advertising, particularly Sponsored Products ads, was the Amazon breakout story of 2017 and 2018 is set to continue the trend. We’re totally on board, which is why we continue to add powerful features to our Ignite software. If you’re already using Ignite for Amazon PPC advertising, do check out the new goodies released in the last month (Ad Scheduling, Bid+ integration, Headline Search Ad reporting, etc.) If you’re not using Ignite because you’re either not partaking of Amazon PPC advertising or you’re sticking to managing ads in Seller Central, it’s not too late and there’s still plenty of rewards to reap. Take a free 30-day test drive of Ignite and see for yourself just how much power it gives you over what is clearly Amazon’s big focus of the new year.
And now to this week’s In Case You Missed It — but first with a quick late-breaking addition effective today: Price Changes to Prime Membership Effective January 19. Folks who pay monthly rather than annually, this will affect you.
Assessments, Evaluations, and Financial Trends and Outlooks
- Unwrapping Amazon’s Holiday Sales
- Morgan Stanley Makes a Bull Case for Amazon in 2018, and Sees It Hitting $1 Trillion in Market Cap
- This Survey Shows Just How Wide the Gap Is Between Amazon and the Competition
- Amazon Touches New High on Upgrade and Grocery Sales
Advertising and Marketing
- Amazon’s Ad Revenue Is Set to Surge in 2018
- This Billion-Dollar Amazon Business Is Growing Faster Than Amazon Web Services
- Amazon to Pop 23% This Year to Near $800 Billion Value on New Advertising Venture
- Amazon Has a Plan to Become Profitable. It’s Called Advertising
Niche Focus: Fashion and Apparel
Miscellaneous Amazon-Related News, Speculation, and Opinions
- Here’s the Smart Secret Behind the Most Successful Product on Amazon
- How the Tax Bill Could Hurt Amazon
- Amazon Effect Steamrolling the Restaurant Industry
- Amazon Has It Narrowed Down to 20 Cities for HQ2
- The Government Is Knocking On Amazon’s Door A Lot More Often
- Amazon Takes on Wish with an “Under $10” Selection of Products That Ship for Free
- Amazon Begins to Act as Its Own Freight Broker
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to Donate $33M in College Scholarships to DACA Students