The Ultimate Guide to Amazon Seller Central Answers and ToolsSeller Labs
Amazon Seller Central holds an astonishing amount of information while providing sellers with crucial tools for account maintenance and business growth. However, Seller Central can prove difficult to navigate when seeking that information and it can be cumbersome when utilizing those tools.
If you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for or where to find it, it’s easy to get lost in the Amazon Seller Central labyrinth. When you do finally emerge, you may find yourself still lacking the resources you came for and having lost precious time in the process.
To help you get to exactly what you need from Amazon Seller Central — quickly, directly, and without frustration — we’ve put together our guide to the best of Seller Central. Within this guide, you’ll find links to the most-useful pages, tools, and resources available as well as some hidden gems. Bookmark some, bookmark all, or just bookmark this page so you can skip the Seller Central rigmarole and get exactly what you need to save time, increase profitability, and stay up to date on Amazon policies.
Amazon Seller Central Starts Here: General Account Must-Save Pages
This is your hub for your seller services, business information, tax info, login credentials, and everything else that you need in order to be on file as an Amazon seller. Keep it updated!
- Seller Account Information and Settings
- Notification Preferences
- User Permissions
- Bonus Resource: Vacation Settings: If you need to put your Amazon fulfillment on hold, this is an easy way to do so on a marketplace level. You can set all of your self-fulfilled listings to inactive and pause as needed — without losing history or having to manage individual listings. Full details at Listing Status for Vacations, Holidays, and Other Absences.
Daily Doings: Use Amazon Seller Central for Orders, Notifications, Account Health
Avoid surprises. Know exactly what’s flowing in from customers and how your account is performing. Keep up with this diligently so you can create smooth transactions and address any issues that could compromise your account or good standing as an Amazon seller. Mark these pages in Amazon Seller Central and visit them often.
Sales Tracking Pages to Bookmark
- The Sales Dashboard interface is outdated and anything but glamorous in terms of visuals. However, it is essential in terms of the business reports it allows you to run and the information it delivers. Learn more with the Business Reports Glossary.
- If you’re a member of the Amazon Brand Registry, you can get a lot more insight into your sales by using Brand Analytics, which includes the the Amazon Search Terms Report, Demographics Report, Item Comparison Report, Alternate Purchase Report, Market Basket Report, and Repeat Purchase Behavior Report.
Payments Pages to Save
As Big Worm told Smokey in the film Friday, “Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions.” Indeed. And you certainly do not want Amazon playing with either. Amazon Seller Central can help you make sure you’re getting what’s due to you and also not accruing any strange charges.
- Payments Dashboard (The new Disbursement Tracker is a welcome addition!)
- All Payment Statements is where your full history resides. Definitely worthy of a bookmark.
Add These Inventory Management Pages
- Inventory Dashboard: This page is a collection of cards that give you a quick summary of your key inventory metrics and highlights opportunities to improve inventory efficiency and in-stock performance.
- Amazon Seller Central’s new Inventory Performance tool is a great way to quickly visualize your inventory situation and determine next steps.
- Manage Your Inventory: The Manage Inventory page provides you with tools for searching, viewing, and updating your product and inventory listing information. More info at the Create and Manage Inventory Help Page.
- Bonus Resource: How to Personalize Your Manage Inventory Page Display: Create a customized display where you see the information that matters most to you and you choose how you want it sorted and shows. Add efficiency and clarity by hiding fields and values that clutter the page and cause distractions and slowdowns. Set Your Manage Inventory Preferences now.
- Restock Inventory. This tool provides recommendations on products to restock, suggested replenishment quantities, and ship-by dates. Enter variables such as lead time and case pack quantities so you can get customized recommendations. Check the Restock Inventory Help Page for more information.
- Bonus Resource: The new Listing Quality Dashboard on Amazon Seller Central can help you find opportunities to optimize your product listings.
Pricing Your Products: Pages to Save on Amazon Seller Central
- Manage Pricing for Your Products: The Manage Pricing page allows you to update prices on any active listings, either one by one or in batches. More info at the Manage Pricing Help Page.
- Automate Pricing for Your Products: Automate Pricing allows you to automatically adjust prices on SKUs in your catalog in response to events, such as the Buy Box winning price, without having to revisit the SKU every time you want to change your price. Automate Pricing Help Page.
Amazon Advertising Bookmarks to Add
Advertising has become a key component of the Amazon seller success model. Keep up with your campaigns as well as new information and offerings.
- Your Advertising Campaigns
- Advertising Reports
- Amazon Advertising Official Site
- Amazon Advertising FAQ
Keep Communication, Customer Service, and Your Seller Reputation Top of Mind
As you likely know, Amazon is all about the customer. That means that you need to be on top of your customer service game because just a few errors or misunderstandings can negatively affect your account’s standing. Use Amazon Seller Central wisely and stay up to date on messaging policy changes. Be vigilant about your Buyer-Seller Messaging, chargebacks, A-z Claims, and seller feedback so that you can nip any issues in the bud.
- Buyer Seller Messaging Inbox and Overview
- Manage A-z Claims (Help with A-z Claims)
- Seller Feedback Manager
FBA Frequently Needed Pages
For many Amazon sellers, the Fulfillment by Amazon program is the essence of their eCommerce business. FBA offers a lot of benefits, but with those comes a lot of policy, procedure, and potential to incur lots of fees that eat into seller profitability. Keep these FBA-related pages and tools bookmarked for easy access.
- Manage FBA Shipments
- FBA Features, Services, and Fees
- FBA Policies and Requirements
- Mega Resource: Guide to All Fulfillment by Amazon Reports
How to Contact Amazon Should Always Be Handy
Contacting Amazon and getting a timely individual response is notoriously difficult and frustrating. Follow the Contact Amazon protocol and try to find an already-documented answer. Doing so will save you time and frustration. If you can’t find help for your issues or answers to your questions within Seller Central, reach out to Amazon via the direct contact form and be sure to select the option that best matches your inquiry. Doing so will help get your message to the right support department as opposed to simply sending an email and hoping that someone can help you. To see responses and keep track of your request history, bookmark the Case Log.
The Nitty Gritty: Income Tax and Sales Tax Info to Keep to Bookmark
No one likes collecting sales tax or paying income tax. Certainly the road to online tax collection has been a rocky one that is anything but universal or easily understood. Keep these Seller Central tax-related pages handy so you can have peace of mind that you’re handling sales tax and income tax correctly.
- Tax Document Library
- U.S. Income Reporting & Tax Identity Collection FAQ: Info about 1099-K, W-9, W-8BEN, TIN, EIN, and the rest of those forms and numbers the government requires of sellers.
- Marketplace Tax Collection FAQ
- State Tax Settings
Additional Resources to Save: Policies, Agreements, Help, Answers, and Education
Amazon Seller Central has some excellent resources to help sellers be successful on the Amazon Marketplace. It also provides lots of opportunities to upskill through training and to find help from Amazon employees and fellow sellers. Here are a few to keep on file for use as you need.
Connect with Seller Labs